Crazy as it sounds, over the next several weeks… I’ll be writing about the elements of mathematics, from pre-school to grad school, for anyone out there who’d like to have a second chance at the subject — but this time from an adult perspective. It’s not intended to be remedial. The goal is to give you a better feeling for what math is all about and why it’s so enthralling to those who get it.
So, let’s begin with pre-school.
I’m very interested in to see what Steve has to write on this topic. I’ll re-post the links here as they come out.
List of his essays [updated each time a new one appears]:
- From Fish to Infinity (1/31/10)
- Rock Groups (2/7/10)
- The Enemy of My Enemy (2/14/10)
- Division and Its Discontents (2/21/10)
- The Joy of x (2/28/10)
- Finding Your Roots (3/7/10)
- Square Dancing (3/14/10)
- Think Globally (3/21/10)
- Power Tools (3/28/10)
- Take it to the Limit (4/4/10)
- Change we Can Believe In (4/11/10)
- It Slices, It Dices (4/18/10)
- Chances Are (4/25/10)
- Group Think (5/2/10)
- The Hilbert Hotel (5/9/10)